The mission of The University of Toronto Track Club is to maximize opportunities to reach the highest levels of achievement by fostering a relationship-driven, athlete centered culture of development for, personal, academic, and athletic growth.
We Strive to be the leading athletic program in the nation through strong emphasis of our core values, the defining features that have shaped our culture, and how we operate.
- A commitment to community outreach, particularly to equity deserving communities, to address issues of social injustice.
- Programming that promotes Long Term Athlete Development
- Producing well rounded educated individuals
- A commitment to a continuum of sport and recreational opportunities, including children and youth, adolescents, and adults.
- A commitment to equity, diversity inclusion and belonging to meet and enhance the diverse nature of the U of T community.
- Fiscal responsibility.
- Excellence in leadership.
- Ensuring the physical, mental and emotional well-being of our athletes
- Creating an environment for both high performance achievement and developmental success
Pillars of Success
- A Positive Culture and Environment
- Living Values
- Pursuit of Excellence
- Recognition of achievement and continuous improvement
- Excellence in Coaching
- Professional Development
- Versatility and Creativity
- Clear and Appropriate Goal
- Collaboration and Communication
- Respect – Time
- Athlete Development and Appropriate Competition Opportunities
- Long Term Athlete Development
- Appropriate Competition Opportunities
- Athlete and Coach Support Systems
- Awareness and Monitoring
- Access to resources
- Effective Financial and Administration Management
- Budgets and Plans
- Implementation of Policies and Procedures
- Open Communication and Transparency
- Fiscal Responsibility